Friday 12 September 2008

Artfully Asian














Last week my new stamps & wheels arrived. "Artfully Asian" is one I've liked for a long time & with this months free wheelin' offer I couldn't resist. I also got "Nursery Necessities" & "Merry Merry", I will keep you posted on those plays!

The colours I chose Kraft, Real Red & Whisper White, I wheeled "Watercolour Vine" with my Sahara Sand ink, the blossom is stamped in Real Red, this piece is also stamped with "Linen" background in Sahara Sand. I watercoloured a little with Real Red & Wild Wasabi inks with my Aquapainter & then I just highlighted some with my white gel pen. The 3 brads were silver & to get them white you just heat the brad with a heat tool held with tweezers then dip the hot brad into white embossing powder, then heat it up again until it melts on. Since I had my powder out I decided to also emboss the message, "Each day provides its own gifts"

Here's another Artfully Asian card, The ribbon is Kraft Tafetta & I used the Double Rectangle punch,- remember this card from my make-n-takes at last Summers Mini launch.

2 comments:

Mardi68 said...

Nela, these cards are beautiful. Now I think I need this set too......

Anonymous said...

Hello again,I have been tossing up between this set and the priceless set for the promo.....mmmmmm