Wednesday 3 September 2008

Bag in a Box






















I came across yet another great & easy tutorial & this one holds alot of chocolates! it stands 14cm tall. I've used my favourite DS paper Apple Cider & coordinating CS -Chocolate Chip, River Rock & Really Rust. happy thoughts from "Think Happy Thoughts" stamp set is inked in Chocolate Chip & punched out with 1 1/4" circle punch, I stamped the little flower on Really Rust CS with Really Rust ink, cut it out & attached it to the 1 1/4" circle with a vintage brad which is attached to a 1 3/8" Really Rust circle with a dimensional & then this is snailed onto a Chocolate Chip scallop -instead of piercing the scallops I used my White Gel pen & just dotted, I aslo did this for the attached scalloped strip at the bottom of the box -scalloped with the Cnr Rounder punch. I used the Round Tab punch for the Chocolate Chip tabs that have Jumbo eyelets set with the Crop-A-Dile -perfect for the Satin Ribbon closure!
Tips;
Use 2 tabs so you can open & close it, see pic below.
Do use sticky strip, snail isn't strong enough when its filled!
Reduce the measurements suggested in the tutorial for cute smaller ones.
Have fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bag you clever lady! Will have to give that one a go when I get some ds paper!

Lisa Salkeld said...

I CASED your Bag In A Box and I LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing!! Lisa