Monday 27 October 2008

The Snowflake Spot














This card was inspired by a few cards, 1 in particular thanks Cass! The layout is simple -base card in Whisper White background stamped, I used "The Snowflake Spot" -images randomly stamped in Soft Sky & Blue Bayou inks, I then layered with Vellum which is adhered just up the top with Snail adhesive, I used my Two Way Glue & Dazzling Diamonds to highlight on the Vellum, how did I do the icicles? -with Crystal effects & Dazzling Diamonds of course! I got a piece of baking paper & placed the Textured Soft Sky torn piece on it & drew nice & thick a line that followed the torn edge & then dragged down onto the baking paper to form the icicles, I then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds, once dry (2-3hrs) I carefully peeled the Textured Soft Sky strip away from the baking paper & adhered it with Crystal Effects onto the card. This card looks stunning in real life. Oh the Silver Cord is retired but with a bit of luck we may see it back? Joy is silver embossed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

breathtaking card Petronela! You continue to push the bar higher & higher!! Nice work! love Lara x

Anonymous said...

Amazing girl!!It seems inevitable that whenever I see a card you have made I imediately imagine that I need that stamp set!!Inspirational as always xx