Sunday 9 November 2008

Frog punch art book mark

I made this frog yesterday in Green Galore, showed it to my husband & he said "make it into a bookmark", -what a great idea! so I got the wide red Grosgrain ribbon & folded in 1/2, I punched an extra 1 3/8" circle to staple the ribbon in between 2 circles close to the top, Mr Frogs head covers the staple at the front & you can punch a 1 1/4" circle to hide it on the back. Separate the ribbon & the page goes in between so it's like a clip, the head sits on top & off the the page.
Punches for the frog are; 1 3/8", 1/2" & 1/4" circle, large & small Oval & a flower from Spring Flower Bouquet for the feet.
How cute is the scallop lamb, I made it at Cass's house last week, along with the turtle. I have made a little lamb before with the 5 Petal flower punch cut -(3 petals for the head & ears & 2 petals for the legs) but I do prefer this one using the large oval for the head & 3/4" circle cut in half for the ears, the legs are the word window cut in half, I just adore the little Boho Blossom flower punched for the woolly fringe with the gingham ribbon bow- these make a super cute embellishment for a baby card or scrapbook layout.

4 comments:

Kendall said...

These are just soo cute!! I love them!

kerri said...

love love love these petronela

Debbie Pamment said...

It never ceases to amaze me how clever some people are - these are soooo cute - great work!

Anonymous said...

How cool are these, they are just so clever! If only I had all these punches. Oh well, add them to my wish list.
Jenny.