Monday 16 March 2009

Wild Rose 3x3 cards









So many of my favourite stamp sets are retiring :-( & "Wild Rose" is one of them, along with the 2008-2009 incolours; Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou & Soft Sky & the DS papers I used in this set. I love making 3x3 cards, they are so quick & so easy to layout & their are so many options! I also love 2 step stamps (you may need to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig) but I did these free hand, the outline (highlight) image in Blue Bayou & the solid (infill) image in Soft Sky. If you only have 1 inkpad say Blue Bayou & you still want the 2 tones of blue in the rose you can ink up the solid image & stamp the ink off once onto scrap paper before stamping on your card, you can get up to 4 monochromatic tones from 1 inkpad depending on its depth of colour to start.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

These are beautiful cards and I love the size. Thanks for sharing.