Monday 13 December 2010

Welcome Christmas

I have a lot of catching up to do here on my blog, so much has happened & to cut a long story short, the main reason for me not blogging is because my pc crashed & I lost everything!!! On the bright side I now have an apple mac & digital SLR camera to enjoy & learn all about.
So wish me luck!

I decided to share my favourite Christmas card design first.
Welcome Christmas with VintageWallpaper embossing folder that I inked up with a brayer on the right side with basic black ink before running the Vanilla CS through the Big Shot. I did the crackle glass technique on the family image & embossed the ribbon with Petals A Plenty folder. I shared this technique at my recent Summer mini launch in Sydney demoing the Big Shot & this was everyones favourite.
I used the gorgeous Red satin ribbon here, but it also works on grosgrain. You need to adhere the ribbon onto CS, I used double sided tape, but snail will work, just apply it to the CS which should be the same colour & size as the ribbon you are using. I am very impresssed with the new Vintage tags available in the Summer Mini, they shimmer & sit well. I added a little red heart to the other side, gorgeous don't you think?
There's not enough days left before Christmas to show you these cards individually so I've grouped them.
I used Elegant Soiree DSP (one of my favourites) & added Real Red for Christmas, another couple of new summer mini products I used are the Pinking Hearts Punch & Lace.

Back soon with samples from the New Summer Mini.

4 comments:

Leonie said...

These are a gorgeous set of cards! Love them!

Fiona Harrison said...

Sorry about your pc but glad it led you to a Mac, I love m Mac!
Esp love the set in Elegant Soiree and red, lovely.
Merry Christas,
Fi x

Anonymous said...

Inking up the embossing folder to create that effect was definitely my favourite tip from your demo's. It looks even more amazing in real life!

Marina

Lesley said...

woohoo glad you joined the mac club ....love your card its gorgeous