Thursday 5 May 2011

Beautiful Butterflies mothers day card

A must case from here. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon Anna's blog but when I spotted this card I just had to create it using SU! products, it was super easy & is really pretty IRL.
Colours are I used are River Rock & Blushing Bride, the DSP is from the Neutrals & In colour stacks.
Stamp set is "Elements of Style" & the greeting is from "Occasional Greetings". I embossed the large butterfly die with clear embossing powder & then used an aquapainter filled with bleach to colour the flowers which bleached the colour out to white. The colour you get with bleaching depends on the base colour of the CS you choose. The smaller butterfly has been stamped tone on tone & highlighted with a white gel pen. I edged the trim with the Scallop Trim Border Punch & added some Chantilly Crochet Trim (carried over from Summer mini so still available to order) & a Vintage Brad.

5 comments:

Leigh said...

This is so pretty Nela. Love it.

Fiona Harrison said...

Lovely. I like it better than the original. I forget, are you coming to Convention?
Fi

Anonymous said...

So pretty. TFS.
Belinda

Anonymous said...

Your cards are always stunning. Thanks for the ideas.

Lisa

Lesley said...

beautiful.........