Monday 16 May 2011

Because I Care Vellum embossed


I'm home from convention & have some exciting news to share. First of all you no longer require an ABN to sign up as a Demonstrator! Call or email me anytime if you are interested in getting Stampin' Up! products at a discount & or want to start you own Stampin' Up! business, do this before May 31st & I will include in your starter kit some extra Stampin' Up! products to help you get started, plus this gorgeous level one hostess set "Because I Care".
Just as exciting is this new promotion:
Host a workshop between May 23rd and June 30th to the value of $450 or more, and receive an EXTRA $70 in hostess benefits!  This is in ADDITION to the $40 in benefits and Level One stamp set that you would normally receive for this level of workshop!
Wow I say, thats alot of free products, so call me to set a date or place your own workshop order or even have a catalogue party (gather your friends orders together).

Now a bit about the card which is this months SS club members make-n-take using the gorgeous hostess level 1 set "Because I Care" stamp set. The technique is dry embossing on vellum. I inked up the hydrangeas with Concord Crush ink pad & then coloured the stem & leaves with an Old Olive marker & stamped the image on Vellum CS, let it dry before turning the Vellum stamped image over to colour in the image with a dry embossing tool (this turns the vellum white & also indents it to give a raised image on the front). This is a wow IRL so if you haven't tried this technique before, give it a go, you will be delighted with the result.
Ingredients:
“Because I Care” Stamp Set (level 1 Hostess set).
Concord Crush,  Whisper White, & Vellum CS. Old Olive DSP from the Brights Paper Stack.  Concord Crush & Old Olive inks. Scallop & Large Oval Punches, Silver Brads.

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the tips, I'm going to give this a go sometime soon.

Renée M-B. said...

gorgeous card nels x

Anonymous said...

Hi Petronela. Thanks for the tips on this technique will try it at my stamp club this Friday. I haven't done this one before. Looks fantastic.
Cheers xx

Tui Nathan said...

Hi Petronela, love this card and what a terrific technique ... thanks for sharing, gonna give this a go ... thanks again!!!