Friday 27 May 2011

Cupcake Box template

As requested here is the template for my Cupcake Box that uses just one A4 sheet of CS. The solid lines are score lines & the dotted are cut. You start with a 11 3/4" x 7 1/2" sheet of cardstock (full length of an A4) on this side you will score at 2", 5 1/2", 7 1/2" & 11". On the 7 1/2" side score at 2" & 5 1/2". Cut away the two 2" sides from the 7 1/2" score mark, this is shown in black in the pic.


The box is very easy to assemble, fold all score marks & apply sticky strip where shown in pic. The Assterix is where I marked the brad needs to go for the closure of the lid which is just below where it sits when you close the lid. The 3/4" flap slides into the circle flowers I made that are attached with a brad, the circle closest to the box is left not distressed so the lid slips in firmly. If you want the prongs of the brad hidden make sure you attach the brad with flowers to before you assemble the box.
The insert piece measures 4 3/8" square, scored at 1/2" on all 4 sides, I snipped triangles off the corners up to the score marks & then cut a 2 1/2" circle in the centre for the cupcake to sit in with the Circle Scissors Plus.
I decorated my box using the following supplies;
 "Create a Cupcake" & "You're a Gem" Stamp sets. Colours are Real Red, Crumb Cake & Bashful Blue, the DSP is from the Brights stack.
Punches are; Build A Cupcake, Jewellery Tag, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1" circles. The 2 circles that the cupcake is mounted on are cut out from Circles #2 Die. Blue was has been Bigshotted through with the Lattice Folder (I love making up words). Some Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Rhinetsone plus Brad & Linen Thread finish the box nicely.
Hope you have fun creating a special Cupcake box yourself & if you have any questions just email/call me, always happy to help.

3 comments:

Petronela said...

my followers are missing so just checking that my comments are still working, nela

Anonymous said...

It sure works and I love everything you make and the colour schemes you use!! Thanks Nela. Judie xxx

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I love this little cute box and you decorated it so cute!! I will be featuring this project on My Crafty Picks #22 with a link back to your blog on 6-26-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com