Sunday 17 June 2012

Faux metal embossed

A lot of things about this card I love, the layout is one I've used again & again & the flower punched simply from the Blossom Punch & the faux metal background. Firstly I started with a whisper White piece of CS that I ran through the bigshot in the vintage wallpaper embossing folder. I sponged randomly in 3 colours (blue, green, brown) then I sponged randomly all over in patches with versa mark & embossed with gold powder. The end colour result made me go with Poppy Parade, Pool Party & Soft Suede & the prettiest DSP Attic Boutique. I extended the jewellery tag punch out to fit fabulous on (cut a strip that is the teeniest bit smaller than the width of the punch so you can thread the piece to be punched in & up out through the actual punch area), see pic below.
The dress I had sitting made up from when I did the video on it here & the left over strip of Faux metal I thought worked nicely.


1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love these cards Nela. I need to get some more gold embossing powder so I can show my stamp club girls this technique.