Friday 1 March 2013

Goodbye my beautiful boy

I don't usually put personal things on my blog but wanted to let those of you who know Louis that we sadly had to say Goodbye to our beautiful Tigger Louis at 17yrs of age yesterday, the hardest thing I've ever done! He was feeling unwell on Monday night so off to the vet where they ran tests & found a mass the size of a golf ball in his abdomen with an enlarged spleen, thought to be a tumor, he was put on a drip & given hydration & antibiotics incase of infection, he was stable & eating well, so we were hoping we could bring him home for palliative care but the tumor was slowing shutting down his organs, he had pain relief but looked terrible, in a daze & I knew I wouldn't be bringing my little old boy home, I sat with him all day yesterday hoping for a sign of life in his eyes but only seeing him slipping away from me, I was dreading it if I had to tell Teya he wouldn't be coming home, Matt picked her up early from school as we knew it was time to say our goodbyes, such a sad thing to comprehend. As tears roll down my face with happy memories of our little man, my craft room will never be the same, if you didn't know Louis he was like a puppy dog always following me around the house, under my feet, on my lap, pressing the keyboard, walking over my cards, chewing my sanding blocks & piercing mat, little mischief at times, but to cute not to forgive. Louis will be missed so much & by many. He looked forward to classes & team meetings as he would get lots of cuddles & always wanted to be part of the action jumping up on chairs & if there wasn't a spare would be quick to get on one if anyone stood up & if that didn't happen he would try the table! Funny puss. A beautiful natured cat, very affectionate & huge personality, he communicated with us so well with actions & meows. Teya has grown up with Louis & she is missing him dearly, her big brother, her companion, her friend, poor love cried herself to sleep. We will never forget our Woolie (what Teya first called him as a baby) his paw is inprinted in our hearts forever, we will miss him so much, farewell my beautiful baby boy.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so very sorry. The pain of losing a pet is like no other.

Angie Brown said...

So sorry to hear Nella :( - losing our beautiful little friends is a pain like no other. They are our family and I feel your loss.
Big hug, you've been a wonderful family to him. I'll miss him too, I used to love having a chat with him.
Love Ang xox

Karen Hasheck said...

Tears ran down my face as I read your beautiful blog post. You have my deepest sympathies. As someone who has also loved and lost a beloved cat, I know how tough it is. I am a subscriber and enjoy your cards and just wanted to jump over here and say how sorry I am for your loss.

Susan, The Pattern Place said...

Nelly I am so sorry to read your post. Poor Louis and now poor you, we all know its time and the right thing to do but at the time it is so gut wrenching.

After 17 years he must have been part of many memories and happy stories, he will be missed by all at Keep Stamping night that's for sure.

Margaret said...

Your heartfelt post left me in tears, too. There is no pain like losing a beloved pet who had such a part of your life for so long. I know what a hole in your life has ocurred, but tears dry up & the wonderful memories take over. You were so lucky to have Louis for so long.

Jacquu said...

Oh dear! Our fur babes are sooo precious. Kisses and hugs to you sweetie and remember the beautiful memories.