Thursday 10 January 2008

Friendship Blooms


















I just got this set & made this card to show how you can use the backing sheet from the rubber of Die-Cut Stamps as a template. All the Sale-A-Bration sets are die-cut! (no need to cut the rubber).
I chose Whisper White cardstock & stamped the large flower from Friendship Blooms in Bashful Blue, then reverse masked it with the backing paper (as pic shows below) & sponged Bashful Blue ink with a sponge dauber from the outside in -not quite to the centre, I also placed the template almost off the card & sponged to balance the Blue used on the card. I then stamped the swirls & one of the large flowers in Chocolate Chip ink & the leaves in Certainly Celery. I used dimensionals for the centres of the flowers -dipped in dazzling Diamonds, each Dimensional is lightly inked in the 3 colours I used first. I finished it off with certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon & of course the quote in Chocolate Chip ink from Friendship Blooms.
When colouring Glitter you will want to sprinkle a little glitter in a tray & discard any left over, because if you dip inked up dimensionals straight into the glitter tub you will contaminate the glitter with the ink colour.

















I am still to try dyeing the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, which can be done using re-inkers, heard it's a little messy & I need to get containers to store the dyed glitter once done.

No comments: