Monday 10 March 2008

Polished Stone Carte Postale














Now that I have a collection of re-inkers & have had the time to play with this technique again (this time with a lot less mess) -I wrapped elastic bands on both edges of a spare rectangle woodblock to hold the cotton wool pads (2-3) & used it like I would a stamp, pretty clever I think! no inky fingers!!! So I will be trying out all those ink refills for colour combos.
You will need some Isocol (rubbing alcohol) ink refills & gloss cardstock.
Squirt some isocol on the pads & add a drop of 2 to 3 different coloured inks, It's hard to see on this pic but I also used Silver, then keepstamping this all over the Gloss cardstock until you achieve the desired look. I used Perfect Plum, Cool Caribbean & Silver metalic papers & inks, I embossed the images.
I will upload the others throughout the week as I actually Polish Stoned the whole A4sheet of Gloss card stock & have made 6 cards with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh this card is gorgeous. It sounds difficult but the effect is absolutely perfect.

Liam