Monday 24 November 2008

Eastern Blooms bleached & prettied


















Well I can't wait another week so I have decided to share at least 1 card from the Summer mini with you all.
I have chosen "Eastern Blooms" Bleached & Prettied! I coloured the pretties flowers with ink & an aquapainter -I find this to be the easiest way as you can control the depth/shade of colour with the water.
Colours are Taken with Teal, Apricot Appeal & Old Olive. I used markers for multicolouring the main image. I only had the thick bleach, (regular household bleach works better) so the Taken with Teal cardstock just went a couple of shade lighter, normally it bleaches more like Apricot Appeal, but I love this look anyway. I adhered 2 little 1/2 pearls with glue dots to the centre of the pretties flowers & used Old Olive 5/8" ribbon to balance the colours & 'cause I like it!
My husband has me thinking twice about using ribbon, he says I use it too much!

No comments: