Sunday 25 October 2009

Tres Chic Christmas card



















I am trying to design my swap cards for regionals & had an idea in mind so yesterday I started off by sponging a piece of Whisper White with Piroutte Pink ink then I Embossed "Tres Chic" in clear on top, I stamped the tree from "Season of Joy" (rock-n-rolled with Riding hood Red) then I stamped a "Tree Trimmings" bauble in Kiwi Kiss & continued to sponge with Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss & Pirouette Pink all over until I achieved the look I wanted. I added a Star brad from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge some Piroutte Pink Striped Ribbon & the Greeting from "Best Yet" mounted onto the Scallop oval, the edge is punched with the Eyelet Border & a Whisper White insert also Eyelet border punched. A bit special & once I started I couldn't stop making these pretty Christmas cards & I can't decide now which is my favourite!
Below I really like the scallop strip dazzled with Diamonds that I fluked making (I was doing faux Ric Rac with the scallop edge punch) it just goes so well with the card design, I also like the Clear Rhinestone on the card in the middle. I'm not fished with it yet but my swap card design is well on the way!

4 comments:

Leonie said...

Yikes, these are all fabulous, fabuous cards, a bit tricky for me for a swap! You will put the others to shame! I love your colour selection!

Fiona Harrison said...

Beautiful cards, will be a hit. Have no idea what to do for a swap.

Jean McKenzie said...

These are just beautiful - makes me wish I was going to Regionals now!

Christine Blain said...

These cards are adorable! I love all the details, and the colours are so sweet. Beautiful.