Tuesday 23 February 2010

A Happy Heart card

I made this cute little 4x4 card for Teya a few days ago & she spotted it today, so it's back to the drawing board I go! I'll be up late making her another tonight. I guess I was a little lazy & serves myself right as I cased this card from splitcoast & had already worked out how to do the medallion layers with the scallop edge punch & had them ready for a card (not specifically for Teya's!). I should have put more thought into it, none the less I wanted to share my little blunder & this cute card. I'll be back to share with you the card I end up giving her soon.
In the meantime here's a Gift Certificate Wallet I made last night & express posted today. I just loved Alley's clever idea on using the Linen Thread for the ribbon on the Gift. The closure works well (seen in previous post) & I had to add the balloons as the width of the wallet needed something more, I was real happy with it & it did look better IRL (most do I guess).


Supplies:
"Happy Moments" & "Big Bold Birthday" stamp sets.
Pink Pirouette DSP, Sahara Sand, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White CS, inks, Pretty in Pink marker, Linen Thread, Dazzling Diamond & 2way glue, Word Window 1" & 1/2" circle punches & Rhinestone Brad.


5 comments:

Patrice said...

Love them both, great colour combination - but then I'm a pink girl :o)

Leigh said...

Lovely card and wallet Nela.

Anonymous said...

thanks Nela, the recipient will be very excited when I give it to her tomorrow!! love LAra x

Renée M-B. said...

that gift card wallet is soooo gorgeous. xx

Bev said...

This is the nicest certificate holder I have seen ...just beautiful and I love the soft colours