Friday 19 February 2010

Sweet Basket

I just love these super quick & cute little baskets.
I first made one a little more involved here a few years ago! They have been around for a long time but I couldn't resist it for the little easter eggs, I was happy it was loved & not seen before as package 3 of 4 in my classes. This one is only 6" x 6" to start, scored at 2" on all 4 sides, then scored again in each 2" square diagonally to form triangles in the 2" squares, it's simply folded then on all score marks, hole punched close to each triangle tip to insert the Ribbon that holds it together -no adhering! I used Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP so it's real sturdy & really needed no decorating, I think the So Saffron striped Ribbon finishes it off just enough. For a bigger basket start with 9" x 9" scored at 3" or even 12" x 12" scored at 4". The 6" x 6" is my favourite & makes a gorgeous gift to give this easter, I'll definately be making a few more.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Aaaawww how cute. Love your basket Nela.

Richelle said...

how easy but effective! thanks for sharing all ur great creations :)