Thursday 22 April 2010

Bigshot's first play










First of all It's good to be home (We enjoyed our Easter cruise on the Pacific Dawn) & back to blogging, I have no excuse for the lack of, well except computors can be time absorbing! I stayed up 'till 2am  last Thursday -the day my Bigshot arrived! & here are the gorgeous cards I made, some cased & all inspired in some way by creators who have had their hands & minds on the die's & accessories for the Bigshot for some time (Splitcoast Stampers). That's were I saw the Tulips (made from the wing on the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch) & thankyou to the talented creator of the Topnote gift card holder card, -never thought to add it to a cardfront, here's a pic of the inside;

I have also been making Ribbon Roses (so many ways!) & the Scallop Circle B'day card that has a little Pink Taffeta Ribbon Rose on it, is made my favourite way -the quickest, no sewing & no glueing, it's hard to explain, remember "streamer folding" (not even sure if that's what it's called!) it forms a chain streamer linked together using 2 different colours, well you do this with the ribbon & then pull 1 tail & it scrunches into a rose -I think a video is called for to explain, LOL. I'll work on getting back soon with better instructions if you like it?
I know most of the hearts I used on the Friend card are retired but I had most stamped & ready to be adhered to a mini envelope I made ages ago -boy I'm glad we now have a die for that, anyway I found the stash of Hearts so I went a little crazy on that one.

4 comments:

Leonie said...

These are great! Glad you had a good time on your cruise, lucky thing!

Patrice said...

I love them and yes please show us how you made the gorgeous little rose!

jaki said...

Love this set of cards, love the colour combo. Lots of ideas there thanks for sharing.

Leigh said...

Lovely cards Nela.