Thursday 19 August 2010

Artistic Etchings

Here are some of the first cards I made with "Artistic Etchings", at first, my mojo just wasn't to be found but after a few stamps of the gorgeous images in this set I was on a roll & couldn't stop. I particularly love the card & it's simplicity with the images on the film strip (Square & Spiral Punch's), I can see this one will be cased, it's such a great way to use every stamp in the set. I also used the new Newsprint DSP in the background where I stamped the Eiffel Tower & medallion, they blend in beautifully. One of these cards in the pic is a make-n-take at my open homes in Sydney & the GC, click on my Stampin' up! website for open home & Vintage class details coming up soon. If you are attending my open home then leave me a comment on this post & you will recieve a gift card as a gift from me like the one in the pic, they are really pretty IRL. I cased it from a talented lady in the US who sells & uses metal sheets on all her cards & I wanted to re-create that metal look so I tried clear embossing the CS, then running it through the Bigshot in a folder (I used the new Vintage Wallpaper) & it kind of worked, nevertheless I loved the result & went crazy making them in all different colours. Also in the pic you may notice the paper roses, these are so easy to make with the new flower punch (coming 1st September), my favourite one is the music notes, I still haven't put them on a card as intended, they are a little bulky, but that won't stop me making more. Finally the card laying down was my favourite (sent it to my upline Angela as a thankyou), I was so happy she liked it. En Francais is an obvious choice of background stamp to use with this set, & I went for black, vanilla, red & saffron for colours. "Artistic Etchings" has made me love Vintage again! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats...these look beautiful. My set arrived and I haven't had a chance to stamp yet but after seeing these great creations I can't wait. Wonderful work.

Leonie said...

Wow, these are all great, very case-able too, lol!

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW,I am soo looking forward to seeing u and your other creations on the 4th. raz

Alison said...

WOW these are all beautiful. You have certainly captured the vintage look, I love the effect of the film strip and those flowers are fantastic. You definately got onto such a creative roll with these cards.

Anonymous said...

These look gorgeous Nela! I don't know how you get your inspiration to be so creative. I'm really looking forward to Saturday. Nadine xo

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful cards Nella, im loving the Eiffel Tower image...makes me wish i was back there! Looking forward to a great day on Saturday.
Marina

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

I'd love to see I tutorial on how to make the BEAUTIFUL flowers!